Make a complete 3rd Person Combat System for an RPG in Unity!
You will learn
- Create your own custom state machine using the state machine pattern
- Control the player camera using Cinemachine
- Use events to drive the movement and animation of the player character
- How to use the Unity Animator
Unity 3rd Person Combat & Traversal Course content
6 sections • 56 lectures • 8h 13m total length
If you’re interested in learning how to make your own third person action combat game, similar to Dark Souls or Assassin’s Creed, then this is the course for you!
Using Unity 2022.1, you’ll learn how to create your own 3rd person combat system (similar to that used in games like Dark Souls or Assassin’s Creed). It can easily be added to your RPG project, or any other 3rd person game you’re working on.
You’ll learn about player input, animation state machines, attack combos, dodging, target locking, cinemachine camera options, simple enemy attack AI and more.
By the end of the course you’ll have created your very own sandbox arena where you can hack and slash as many enemies as you like, using a 3rd person camera and control system – with either mouse / keyboard or game controller.
This course is aimed at a beginner plus to intermediate level. You’ll need a basic understanding of the Unity interface and C# (if you’ve taken any of our other Unity courses then you should be good to go).
All students have access to the Q&A forums where our Instructors, Teaching Assistants and Community are ready to help answer your questions and cheer on your success.
Ready to create your own combat game? Come join the course now!
This course is good for:
- If you’re interested in learning how to make your own third person action combat game, similar to Dark Souls or Assassin’s Creed.
- It can easily be added to your RPG project, or any other 3rd person game you’re working on.
- If you’ve got some experience in Unity and are looking to level-up your skills.